Benefits of Merino Wool
Merino wool is a natural 100% renewable fibre and has many beneficial attributes, these include:
- Merino wool is warm & comfortable. Merino is an insulator and holds the body's heat, so you can be assured you will be warm and comfortable.
- Merino wool is tough, easy-care & fully machine washable. Merino wool's warmth actually increases with washing.
- Merino is non-prickly. Traditionally wool has a reputation of being scratchy to wear, but merino is chosen for the majority of wool clothing as merino fibres are very fine and soft.
- Merino is naturally stain resistant. Perfect for messy children! The natural properties of wool makes it resistant to stains so an item of clothing doesn't need to be washed as much.
- Merino is harmless to the environment, it is 100% bio-degradable and sustainable.
- Merino wool is fire resistant.
- Merino wool regulates body temperature, keeping you warm in winter and cool in summer.
- Merino sheep naturally grow a similar amount of wool every year, which means it is 100% sustainable
(Merino hoggets, Robinsons Bay, Akaroa. Photo supplied by Lil Foley )