Benefits of Merino Wool
Our 'Discover ZQ' page which has the link to the ZQ website, gives you everything you need to know and more, about how amazing merino wool is, but below is a brief summary if you are wanting something less detailed.
Merino wool is a natural 100% renewable fibre and has many beneficial attributes, these include...
- Merino wool is super warm & ultra comfortable. Merino is an insulator and holds the body's heat, so you can be assured you will be warm and comfortable.
- Merino wool is tough, easy-care & fully machine washable. Merino wool's warmth actually increases when washed.
- Merino is non-prickly. Traditionally wool has a reputation of being scratchy to wear, but merino is chosen for the majority of wool clothing as merino fibres are very fine and soft.
- Merino is naturally stain resistant. Perfect for messy children! The natural properties of wool makes it resistant to stains so an item of clothing doesn't need to be washed as much.
- Merino is harmless to the environment, it is 100% bio-degradable and sustainable.
- Merino wool is naturally fire resistant. It will not catch fire,and will only smoulder for a brief moment.
- Merino wool regulates body temperature, keeping you warm in winter and cool in summer with its ability to control temperature and humidity.
- Merino sheep naturally grow a similar amount of wool every year, which means it is 100% sustainable.
- Merino wool keeps you fresh and funky free, by outperforming other fibres with its ability to resist the build-up of unpleasant odours.
(Merino hoggets, Robinsons Bay, Akaroa. Photo supplied by Lil Foley )